The State Government of Assam, in its budget announcement for the year 2016-2017, declared a health insurance assistance program or scheme called Atal Amrit Abhiyan (AAA) for all Below Poverty Line (BPL) and low-annual income households. The pilot of this scheme started on the 10th of April, 2017, in seven districts. The implementation now is across all districts of the state. If you qualify for this health scheme, the Atal Amrit card online apply process is simple and easy.
The goal of the Atal Amrit Abhiyan Scheme
With the goal to help meet the rising medical expenses affecting the treatment and livelihoods of low-income and BPL people of the state of Assam, this scheme got launched by the state government. Under the Atal Amrit Abhiyan program, the state government provides critical illness coverage and cashless medical treatment to the persons enrolled in the scheme.
Features and Coverage of the Atal Amrit Abhiyan Scheme
- An Implementation Support Agency, Medi Assist Insurance TPA Pvt. Ltd is appointed to implement the AAA scheme.
- Households with less than INR 5 lakh as an annual income are eligible to apply for this health assurance program, including those below the poverty line and families with a low income.
- The Atal Amrit card apply procedure involves enrolling into the scheme by the adult members of eligible families, after which they will each get a laminated ID card with a number identifying the person with the scheme.
- The enrollment of children under the age of 18 years will happen along with the head of the eligible family.
- There is a charge of a nominal yearly fee of INR 100 that a low-income household has to pay, but for below-poverty-line families, it is free of cost.
- The families of persons who are working for the government are not eligible for the Atal Amrit Abhiyan card online apply process.
- The maximum coverage for cashless treatment and critical illness in any empanelled hospital in and out of Assam is INR 2 lakhs per person per year in this AAA scheme.
- The diseases that get coverage for 438 medical procedures under this health assurance scheme are burns, cancer, neurological conditions, neonatal diseases, kidney diseases, and cardiovascular diseases.
- It will even give coverage for transportation expenses within and outside the state of Assam with a daily allowance of INR 300 and INR 1000, respectively.
Eligibility Criteria for Availing Atal Amrit Abhiyan Scheme
- A BPL household is eligible for the Atal Amrit card to apply process only if their annual income is less than INR 1.2 lakhs.
- A family is taken as a low-income household only if the total annual income is less than INR 5 lakhs, and only then are they eligible for this program.
- To qualify for this scheme, it is necessary to be a resident of Assam.
Necessary Documents for Availing Atal Amrit Abhiyan Scheme
To complete the enrollment process for this scheme, the following documents are necessary:
- Electors Photo Identification Card
- Certificate of Income
- Doctor-attested photograph of the applicant
- Ration Card
- For minor enrollment, the Birth Certificate
Enrollment Process for Availing Atal Amrit Abhiyan Scheme
To enroll in the scheme, follow the Atal Amrit card online apply process by following the steps below:
Step 1: Go to the National Health Mission website of the government of Assam and download the application form.
Step 2: Fill up the form and submit it physically to the Joint Director of Health Services district office or by posting it with the necessary documents. You can even visit the nearest enrollment offices and complete the process by following the next steps.
Step 3: Give all the required documents and the filled application form to the enrollment officer for verification.
Step 4: After verification, if you don't fall into the BPL category, you will have to pay INR 100.
Step 5: The enrollment officer will take your photo and scan two fingerprints.
Step 6: you will then get the AAA card and the scheme handbook.
The Atal Amrit Abhiyan health scheme is a boon for all the low-income and BPL citizens of the state of Assam as it is beneficial to take care of the medical bills for hospitalization and treatment of critical illnesses. It is an effort by the government to help the poorer segment of society by paying a significant portion of the medical expenses.